Independent Living Bullion - Very pleased with the company.

5.0

I have been a customer for a year. Besides my initial purchase, I am purchasing gold and silver coins each month as part of an investment program.

The staff has communicated with me by phone, a few times, to keep me up to date on the "Melt Value" of the metals I am investing, and offering advice on adjustments/alterations on my account that would be and are worth more to me. I am very pleased and confidant in ILB and look forward to a long business relationship.

Another, important, factor to consider when investing in Precious Metals is the mark-up charged over the base value. ILB regularly charges a lower fee than, virtually, all of the other firms online.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 17, 2014.

Independent Living Bullion - Extorted refund of gold coin purchase

Purchased a product, shipped via UPS. I was unable to sign for the product due to weekday only deliveries.

The product was directed to be returned since it could not be signed for. UPS was used because thefts of the product have been reported commonplace under USPS shipments. Company decided to change historical shipping carrier without customer counsultation.

But allows for conrinued use of USPS if the customer desires.Thus, the problematic shipping was the sole creation of the company, yet blames customer. Simplest resolution of a desired return for full refund resulted in the Director of Independent Living Bullion (ILB), himself threatening to deny a full refund without a promise to not file a BBB complaint, extortion...

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 12, 2012.

Comments

The closest UPS pick up point from my home is 58 miles round trip. I sympathize with the consumer.

Gilbert, Arizona, United States #874366

You could have picked it up at the nearest UPS location.

If you had used USPS, they also would attempt to deliver during the day and you would STILL have to pick it up at the nearest post office.

to Paul Anthony #1016933

Yep! Sounds like a poor choices on the customer end.

I always use USPS. For that matter I almost buy metals from JMBullion (not a shameless plug, just a reliable vendor of metals and more). Besides almost always having the lowest premium above Spot, included is insurance. And when above a particular amount, signature is automatically required, or pay a few $ for signature.

In any case, when USPS is selected they always use Priority Mail where signature, written or scan, is required every step of the way. I use a cheap PO Box which means it's away protected until I get it from the PO.

I would never use a set purchasing program like Independent Living Bullion offers. There's so much fluctuation and risk in the markets that it's best to just keep on top of things best I can.

i.e. Silver recently dove a couple $ then right back up the next day while Gold is doing the same by leap and bounds.

I have placed several substantial (for me) orders with ILB and never had a problem. Professional all the way from taking my phone call, walking me through the order, emailing acknowledgement of order, emailing me receipt of my check (the order was too big for me to use my credit card), and then shipping day after check clears with shipping tracking number.

I've only received my orders vis a vis USPS. With the shipping number I'm sure I could have easily caught up to my package if Postal Service couldn't deliver to me for signature but that was never a problem.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #743382

I have dealt with ILB several times and have NEVER had anything even near the negative experience this reviewer from Amherst, Mass., relates in review #311722. The agents at ILB are always courteous, patient, and understanding, even towards those who have never bought precious metals coins, bullion, or whatever. I'm not saying they never make a mistake, but the Amherst reviewer's complaint should not scare away potential customers.

ILB shipped a package to me by UPS instead of USPS. When I got the UPS notice that I had to schedule the next delivery, I called ILB and they confirmed it was their error.

They retrieved the package, sent it to my local USPS office as I originally requested.

And BTW they included a $25 merchandise certificate for my next order. I am very pleased with ILB.

This company is excellent. Service and promises kept.

Monthly accumlation plan is outstanding and allows me to be more disciplined. Shipping time as promised; I have to say that I am glad that the USPS was used becuase it is much more convenient to have notice left on door to pick up shipment at the Post Office. These guys walk the talk.

I commend them highly. The person from Amherst - 311722 - is off the mark.

This complainant seems like a real dunce.

I've never done any business with this company but was looking for information about them as I acquired a few of their rounds.

If a product is shipped to you and requires a signature a simple phone call to UPS can stop the package at the hub and they will keep it there for you to pick up at your convenience. I've had this happen several times and it's a hassle but not an extortion scam. I'd say you're just a difficult person to please.

View more comments